We are looking for a TMS Technician as needed. Technicians are also responsible for administrative aspects of TMS treatments including administering psychiatric rating scales and patient charting. TMS training will be provided. We welcome all applicants, however, will give preference to those with a CNA Certification or higher degree.
TMS Technician Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Administer TMS treatments according to specific physician protocols. Become familiar with operating TMS medical devices, and ensure patient comfort during the treatment sessions.
- Provide excellent patient care and treat patients with compassion while developing trust and rapport. Provide support, reflective listening, and compassion to patients struggling with depression and/or anxiety.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with patient comfort, coil contact, and TMS system setup throughout treatment.
- Administer psychiatric rating scales and counsel patients on completion of scales.
- Record session notes using EMR
- Communicate with a team of certified TMS psychiatrists who oversee patient treatment at multiple office locations.
- Support the Patient Care Coordinator team as needed.
Administrative Duties Include (not limited to):
- Answering phone calls, reviewing the voicemail and returning phone calls, scheduling patients as needed
- Scanning documents into patient chart
- Keeping desk organized and tidy
- We welcome all applicants, however will give preference to those with a CNA Certification or higher degree.
- Experience working with patients who are suffering from anxiety and depression is preferred.
- Ability to maintain professional appearance and demeanor, and interface well with patients in a mental health setting required.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well with a team
The position is part-time. We have a Fayetteville and Baldwinsville office. Hours will vary depending on the number of patients going through treatment.
Please send resumes to UpstatePsychiatryTMS@yahoo.com.